Periodontal disease, often referred to as gum disease, is a serious disease often found in people who have poor dental health. The disease can do considerable damage to your mouth and to your overall health if it is left untreated, so it is important to seek out the appropriate dental care to diagnose, and/or treat the disease if it is found. For more information about spotting key symptoms of gum disease, see below:
– Gum disease can be seen as swollen or inflamed gums.
– Frequent signs of gum disease include extreme sensitivity of your gum tissue and recurrent bleeding, often around the teeth.
– Gum disease often alters your teeth to appear longer due to the tissue receding back away from the teeth.
– Persistent bad breath that frequently returns even after treatment could be an indication of gum disease.
– Loose teeth, wobbly teeth, or teeth that easily fall out, could be caused by gum disease.
– There are many risk factors that greatly increase your chances of developing gum disease, including bad habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco, as well as dry mouth symptoms, which often exist as the result of medications you may be using.
Gum disease treatments may be the dentistry service you need. For an oral examination at OC Advanced Periodontics at our dentist office in Tustin, California, please book an appointment with Dr. Patrick L. Huston, DDS, MSD and our team by calling 714-795-3117. We look forward to improving your smile.